View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #49
Ondulee

Quote:
Hair that gets wet and dries easily is porous. Low porosity hair has trouble soaking things up and then giving them up. My hair is short and there isn't a lot of it--it can take me four or five hours to air dry.
So, I have very porous hair-gets wet quickly(regular style washing) but it also takes forever to dry because it becomes oversaturated and bloated with water. That's why Spritz and Condish is good for porous heads because that method prevents over- saturation. It allows just enough moisture(Spritz) into the hair to then allow the Conditioner(Condish) to follow which means there's a good balance of water and conditioner working in the hair. This balance stays consistent after rinsing too. Then you follow with your stylers and they all work better because they're not battling the extra water that porous hair soaks up.
shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909
Ondulee is offline   Reply With Quote