Yes, it is - take a look at the pic on the right: http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_70.htm
Originally Posted by HalfWavyHalfCurly
Thanks for that link. I actually shuddered at the thought of someone doing that to my hair again...

I don't think there will be anything you can do to tame the frizziness and improve the curl formation until you cut those razored ends off - no matter what products you use. I would definitely use the most gentle stuff you can find now to baby your hair, but I am pretty sure you will need to actually cut the ends off to make any change.

I truly had zero luck until I figured out what the problem was and just had them snipped off. Now, if I go to a salon the first thing I tell them is "NO thank you, I don't want my hair THINNED or RAZORED in any way." 'Cause sometimes they say "thinned" instead of "razored" (or at least that has been my experience) but it all equals the same frizzy, curlless mess in the end.
HG's:
Gel: BRHG mixed with Aura Naturalle Gel or B&A Gel
LI: GVP Conditioning Balm or Giovanni Smooth as Silk,
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (as a DC, before and after dying grays, and like a serum on dry hair)

Method: Air dry 20 minutes, then blow dry for volume.

2/3 mix waves/curls - coarse, frizz prone, med. thick, porous, at-home color for gray, protein sensitive but I still need it sometimes, glycerin-sensitive (I think) in high humidity, mod-CG routine.