Here are my yarn braids!
Originally Posted by pulchri2dinous
These are super cute!! I'd like to try these too. How long did it take you?

I have to admit, I had a bad experience with braids - I did synthetic jumbo braids on myself years ago and I ended up with a lot of breakage. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but the after was pretty bad. Any tips on preventing breakage?
Originally Posted by OnyxCabelo

moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!!!

whenever you have synthetic hair you have to moisturize because that hair sucks up the moisture in your hair. So to combat this, I usually do a deep moisturizing conditioner before I put my braids/twists in (I also do a henna paste before the deep conditioner for strength). Then throughout the life of my braids, I spritz everyday homemade spritz (which I add some protein for strength). But there are other braid strays that you can use as well

HTH
Originally Posted by coilynapp
Thank you for the advice!! I particularly like the henna treatment before hand and protein in the daily spritz. I will have to remember this if I decide to do them.
Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
BC: July 21, 2008
Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein