Hello ladies!
I am so glad I found this thread. I am Indian as well and I am trying to go CG. I have been reading and researching about curly hair care and I was on the verge of going mad. Then I decided to write on this thread to seek suggestions on finding the right products. My hair is poofy and frizzy all the time! I would love to have soft touchable curls. Any tips on finding the right products? I am currently using Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner as co-wash and HE totally twisted conditioner. I use Infusium 23 leave - in and Paul Mitchell leave - in moisturizer. Then I finish with FX silk drops. I use a wide comb after my hair is completely dry. There are so many CG products out there and I am not able to zero in one any one. Please help!
Originally Posted by shagun
the infusium and HE conditioner are not CG. i'm not sure about the paul mitchell or FX, so double check those.

part of the reason you might be having so much frizz is because you're combing your hair out after it's dry. the only time i use a comb is in the shower, after i put conditioner in my hair. try this and see if it helps at all.

and don't give up! your hair needs time to adjust to the change, so i would say to give it at least 2 weeks. (my hair actually took a little longer than that to get acclimated.)

if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. the search option on the top of the page was also a lifesaver for me. i remember how confused i was when i first started reading about the CG method, so i understand it can be difficult.
2b/c, med./coarse texture, med./high density & mod. porous http://public.fotki.com/wavyR/
LOVE tresemme naturals, suave pomegranate, ecostyler, HESMU, BRHG, KCCC, CIAB, CCCClite, KY Jelly & JCN&S.
HATE soy protein.