Another book I didn't like was The Host by the same author. Her first "adult" book? There wasn't much adult stuff in it, IMO, and she had to know that most teens would be reading it. In "adult" books, I picture grown up conversations, and maybe romance or kissing or something. This had....nothing.
Originally Posted by M2LR

Oy. I had to "proof-read" that for a teacher last year to make sure it was appropriate. It took me TWO EFFING WEEKS to finish it. And I'm a freakishly quick reader and I'm usually excellent at comprehension. I hated the Twilight books, and I trudged through those for the same teacher (she was a friend of the family, and she knew I liked to read so I always was assigned reading through the new books) and I finished all 4 in less than a week, even though I didn't like them. The Host was so confusing, I didn't get it at all.....Mrs. Porter tried to read it after I said that I didn't get it and she gave up after the first few chapters. She returned it and didn't buy any of the others in the series.
Originally Posted by kenzallan1212
I am still not understanding why and HOW Stephenie Meyer got so much publicity and press for her books, and everywhere I look I see Twilight stuff, especially after the 4th book. It was painfully awful.

I also could not get through The Time Traveler's Wife.

Needless to say, I am doing some pretty 'mindless' reading right now. I can't stand books that actually require thought and keeping track of who is who and all of that junk - at least not all of the time. Drives me BATTY!!!