I too thought I was one of few with this problem! We should all start a club!

As far as I know, it's impossible for my hair to be over-conditioned, but at the same time I have to be very careful with oils or the occasional silicone serum b/c it gets greasy/stringy easily. Doesn't seem like it is when it''s wet, but when I blow-dry/straighten I notice it. In the shower, my hair takes a few minutes to get fully soaked. It doesn't suck in water easily...that makes it porous, right? And porous hair likes moisture more than protein doesn't it? (I need a memory refresher pleassseee!)

Anyways, My verrrry fine hair loves protein, so I use the Generic K-pak--sometimes even as a leave-in! After CO'ing with Garnier Triple Nutrition CO, I often mix Generic K-pak with AOHR to make a leave-in (using a quarter-sized amount mid-shaft to ends). End result: bouncyyy tight curls.

In effort to keep my crazy protein/moisture balance in check, I sometimes CO with Generic K-pak and just use AOHR as a leave in.

But wait, there's more! Maybe 1-2 times a week I'll seal my ends/dry spots (after my leave-in) with jojoba oil.

Even doing all this, my hair can still be dry and/or frizzy. Especially 2nd day hair. I drink plenty of water, but wonder how much my diet affects this issue.
Low/Med porosity, very fine, low/med elasticity & density, 3A
AKA hard to work with hair!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's