I think the comb that had a thread on here recently was the Mebco shower detangling comb. I think it was linked on tenderheaded.com as well. The Scientist, apologies if that is the same as your comb and thus redundant, but I wanted to post the name since I remembered it.

(I am combing, just to add another data point. I don't love doing it as I have a lot of tangles--though fewer since I started following some advice I got from Transpogue and using GF Curl and Shine leave-in--but I agree that if I get the hair pretty thoroughly detangled when I comb my products through, it clumps back up OK when I scrunch. In my case the products I use seem to make more difference to my clumping than combing vs. not combing.)
2b/2c/3a
Back on CG (OK, I'm a little indecisive).
pw: curls
Currently using: Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint Conditioner (co-wash), MOP Mixed Greens Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Lite Detangler, CK, ISO Bouncy Creme. Gave up on plopping due to tangles/"stickiness" and now I just comb through products and diffuse. It looks basically as good and dries a lot faster (I wasn't getting good clumps from plopping anyway). Still wish I were a lot curlier!