Well we finally had our ENT appointment today. The timpanogram (sp?) still showed mild hearing loss. Given this and his speech delay and sensory issues, we are having tubes put in. I hope it helps. We have surgery scheduled for 4/27.
Originally Posted by fuzzbucket
Good luck!

Sandhya is such a changed little girl in the month she's had her tubes put in. I can't believe its only been a month. In the last month, she's gone from not walking at all to running (the doctor figures the muck in her ears was affecting her balance); she wasn't even acknowledging her name when you called and now she's signing and identifying body parts and trying to sing along with songs. She's so happy and playful.

I hope your experience is as postive as ours. ((hugs))
Originally Posted by mad scientist
I did an eval on a little girl (18 mos or so) recently who had had tubes placed recently and began walking, babbling, playing with other kids, sleeping through the night.... just making all these developmental gains. Her mom thought the chronic effusion was affecting her balance and demeanor as well as her hearing. Aidan's gains weren't quite as dramatic , but they were immediate and noticeable (e.g. he slept through the night for the first time since he was tiny). I hope you have good results.