Yes, they are small, I guess they are about 2 oz. but it's enough to use for a couple of days (even a week) to get a feel for how you like the products. Maybe because they are so creamy and thick they last longer. I used my sample of Spiral Curls Cream for 5 days before I ran out and I used a nickel size dollop for each side of my head.

[my hair type is a 2/3 combo with waves and curls and it's thick, coarse and prone to frizz. I look for softness, curl definition, volume at the roots, frizz control and shine in a product and even though I am not on CG I would prefer products without a lot of 'cones or protein in them.]

Hope that helps!

I had no luck with Jessicurl stuff either...
HG: Winter - Aura Naturelle Gel/Summer - Dep Sport Gel. Rotate in GVP Conditioning Balm, KCKT or Curly Hair Solutions Silk Leave in as leave-ins depending on what I think my hair needs. Coconut oil before/after coloring grays/on damp hair in cooler weather.

2b/c mix waves/curls - coarse, frizz prone, med. thick, porous, at-home color, protein sensitive but I still need it sometimes, glycerin-sensitive (I think) in high humidity.