A lot of little girls feel pretty when their hair is straightened, just teach them to like it both ways.
Originally Posted by lesliegonnacurl
And why do little girls feel pretty with straight hair? hmmm?

She will not have to taught to like her hair straight. The image that straight hair is better than highly textured hair is all around. She needs to love the hair that she has.

THIS is a quote from the mother. This is why people came down on her

When I look at her hair right now, it's a mess. It stays tangled, ratted and it's always BIG by mid-day. She hates her hair and honestly so do I.
"we" usually have big hair. I think the point someone was trying to make is if you don't want to run the risk of having a child with "big" hair don't have a baby with one of "us". She child hates her hiar because she can sense her mother hates it.
Originally Posted by Trenell
About the straight hair comment, oh please, come off your high horse. You act as if little girls with straight hair never have anyone curl it because they think it looks pretty curly. There is nothing wrong with people trying out a new look. I will have to look again, but it appeared that your hair has some color in it. THAT IS ALSO A NEW LOOK.

People like to experiment. My neice thinks she looks cute if my sister straightens her hair. I prefer her curly hair. If there are no chemicals to make things permanent, I don't see any harm in people switching up their look. How many women get their hair blown out for a special occasion? How many women get their hair curled or use a waving iron for a night out?