There is too much information on this site and many other hair boards to learn how to deal with various curly textures and if chemically processing your hair is how you choose to care for your hair then you have to do what is best for you, but PLEASE stop perpetuating these racial stereotypes of what is one race or another.

It is 2010 People....2010. Let's learn a little something already.
Originally Posted by sobecurl

Amen!!!!

I have to keep it real though, I fell into the trap of relaxers and I relaxed my daughter's hair when she was about 6 because she had soooooo much hair and I didn't know how to handle it other than to relax it so that it didn't take me 4 hours to do her hair.

Well fast forward 2 years and numerous hours of reading & research and here I am. She has been relaxer free * post BC* (at her request) for almost a year now and she transitioned for a little over a year. Thank goodness for all of the natural hair sites and information I "lucked" up on.

I think a lot of moms just don't know what to do. We get into the habits and routines of what out mothers and grandmothers did and never give it a second thought until something goes wrong.

Maybe we should try to come up with a way to "school" new moms about the benefits of natural hair?
My Fotki

My Blog - A Day in the Life

Products:
EVOO
HEHH
TresEmme Curl Moisture Conditioner
Aloe Vera Gel
Let's Jam

Hair Type: Kinky Coily

Me