View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #19
kasden

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlypufferfish View Post
i have another question ....

what oils are essential oils?
cos one of my conditioners are packed full of oils like palm oil and olive fruit oil etc but im not sure whether they're EO or not.
I'm so sorry you're having problems (((HUGS))). Skin problems are miserable!

These are not essential oils. Palm oil, coconut oil, and castor oil are plant triglycerides and are used as anti-humectants. The essential oils I can think of in hair products are grapefruit oil, orange oil, chamomile oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil, and tea tree oil. There are others - I just can't think of them now - lol! Here's a list of common ones.

I have a problem with products that are what I think of as "highly fragranced". I don't know why, but I can use any product on my hair/scalp with no problems, but when it gets on the rest of my skin I break out like you do. So - I do my hair in the kitchen sink and have no problems. I shower at night then do my hair every 2-3 days.

You might try using a very gentle, unscented baby wash on your skin until it clears up. Also - hydrocortisone cream really helps.

One other suggestion - you might try making your own FSG. It's great for curly hair and I haven't heard of anyone having any skin sensitivity to it.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

"
I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
kasden is offline   Reply With Quote