View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #7
CurlyToast

Well, the organic market was a total disappointment :P I had 2 options: (I think) NaturaTint (which was permanent and not PPD-free), and Surya Henna Creme.

I chose the latter, knowing full well that it's Henna+ (as it were), but it seemed to be free of everything objectionable and it's temporary. While I actually love the longevity of permanent color, my current brassy brunette shade speaks volumes about why I prefer no-lift.

So it's henna, which is probably a no-go for you, TA, but I don't think you're going to be missing much, as the application process is akin to dumping liquid Sharpie all over your head, *plus* it's done on wet hair, which makes it impossible to tell if application is even. I'm mildly terrified of the results (which I will have in another 45 minutes or so), but if the color is decent it may get me back to actual BAQ henna -- I'll just have to try the tub-soak-n-swish rinse method to see if I can circumvent the neck strain.

This stuff will also break my bank -- $12 for 2ozs, I probably rightfully need 2 bottles per application, and henna always required reapplication (for me) every 4 weeks. For that cost, I might as well just use BAQ henna.
CurlyToast is offline   Reply With Quote