View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #17
wavyblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyCowgirly View Post
I've tried the boar bristle brush out method posted here as well as the braiding method. I haven't tried the coil-and-pin-to head method b/c I have a feeling it will produce the same results as braiding.

Nothing's really working for me...I think my hair is just too poofy to do waves. (No matter how much I moisturize my hair and give it protein, it remains dry looking and feeling. I think because my curls are utra-fine I'll never achieve that 'sleek' hair look.) The poofier I make my hair, the drier it looks.

I also have some pretty disobedient curls at the top sides of my head that like to lie flat and then poof out at my ears if I don't watch it. So when I did the beach wave techniques, it was even more prominent. I don't think I was meant to have waves.
UNLESS...
I have heard something about using sea salt to achieve a beach wave look....anyone know anything about this?
Before I discovered that I had a fair amount of natural curl to work with, I used to spray my hair with John Frieda Beach Waves spray and roll it in pin curls until dry. It did look really good, and resulted in bigger spirals than I get naturally. You could also try the salt spray and braiding or bunning?

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
wavyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote