View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
jay76

Default Been there

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyjillie View Post
I've been using neutrogena t gel for years for seborrheic dermatitis. I use it when I wash my hair every other day. However, I sometimes have intense itch on those days in between. Should I be using something else?

Also, I know it contains sodium laureth sulfate which is harsh. Is there any dandruff shampoo that doesn't contain sulfate?
I think there is a line on CurlMart call Max Alchemist. Its claims to be a dandruff shampoo without sulfate.

I have searched YEARS for a shampoo that will take the S. Dermatitis away. And I have found it in Dermarest. Its usually right beside the Nuetrogena. That stuff work GREAT for me.

I LOVE it because it has a conditioner in it too, so it doesn't strip my hair of moisture like other products do.

If you can I would try that. I have even mixed the Dermarest and a tar shampoo (like Nuetragena).

I think that might be a good try for you. You might be experiencing that the Nuetragena is too drying for your scalp and the Dermarest + Nuetrgena might give you the added moisture that you need!

Hope that helps!
6 month protective style: 10/10-4/11
"If you let your hair be what it wants to be and support it as best as possible with a good routine, that's what being natural is about." Surburbanbushbabe
jay76 is offline   Reply With Quote