I have only been trying to do the natural curly thing for about 2 weeks. I had been straightening it all my life. I have been visiting my family for Christmas. I have only been here for 3 days and my mom looked at me today and said I don't want you wearing your hair like that when you go out in public. Especially not for Christmas. You need to straighten it and hot curl.She said I look like I just rolled out of bed and went out. Granted I still haven't gotten a handle on the CG thing and i'm still trying to figure out what products work on my hair. I guess the holidays may be a bad time to experiment. She made me feel really bad. Now i'm super self-concious about how it looks even more than I already was. I'm so tired of trying to please my mom. I'm 30 years old and she has ruined my holiday But then again she's the best at making me feel horrible about myself. My sister has perfectly straight thick hair and is thin and i've gained weight which makes me feel even worse.

Now i'm thinking it really looks horrible. I'm so over being here. Anyone elses mom make them feel so bad.
How can I respond to this? I tried to explain the whole curly girl thing and she said that was stupid and that I could straighten it for a couple days and then go back to wearing it frizzy
Why do people think straight hair is so much prettier?

Oh, and my mom has the ugliest hair known to man
2c, 3a and 3b combined. I think anyway
Love Activate poo, Jessicurl too shea and aloeba as a leave in, Curls spiral cream(old version) and milkshake!!