Hair Biography

Curl Pattern: 2b-c
Texture: fine
Porosity: normal
Density: thin to medium
Elasticity: low
Characteristics: S-curvy mostly. Gets weighed down easily. (Gets curly and frizzy when the humidity is high). My hair dries very quickly and is easy to straighten.

CG/Mod CG/not CG: Mod CG. I am okay with sulfates and cones occasionally. I blow-dry sometimes.

Hair ingredient likes: Silk Amino Acids, lavender oil

Hair ingredient dislikes: too much glycerin, castor oil, or polymers (polyquats) weigh my hair down

Hard/Soft Water: Hard (well-water)

HG/Go-to Products: Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner, GFTN, Curl Junkie Smoothing Gellie, DevaCurl Set It Free Spray, Garnier Fructis Wonder Waves Spray, homemade lavender mist, Hand Dry Hair Gloves

Average climate/dew points: Humid in the late spring/summer, dry in the fall/winter (four seasons)

Fall/Winter combos: usually low-poo, conditioner, leave-in, gel

Spring/Summer combos: usually low-poo, conditioner, leave-in, spray gel. Sometimes I just spray in GF Wonder Waves spray and scrunch. I like to refresh with lavender mist during the day.

Favorite styling techniques and why:
One of these 3 methods:

1. scrunch using Hand Dry Hair Gloves (similar to a microfiber towel) until about 75% dry, then air-dry.
2. scrunch a few times with my hands, then Pixie Curl Diffuse until about 75% dry, then air-dry.
3. scrunch a few times with my hands, then air-dry.

I always blow-dry my bangs out.

Techniques that didn’t work and why: Regular diffusing tends to make my hair frizz. Plopping gives me less-defined curls. Super soaker method gives me tighter curls, which I don't like on me.

Hair Twins: Anyone with similar hair?
Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density

Last edited by anniemae; 02-20-2011 at 05:19 AM.