Hi all!

Lately I've been trying to cut down my curly budget by switching to drugstore products. I've been using Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition this week and my scalp itches badly! Also, when I first went CG I tried the Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily and stopped using it, because it also made my scalp itch. Now I'm wondering what could it be?

Speaking with my mother earlier, she mentioned that she discovered she was sensitive/allergic to Polypropylene Glycol (PPG), which was in her Minoxidil (generic Rogaine) and had to find an alternative without it. Since she's been using the other more-expensive PPG-free version, her scalp is much better.

I just found this site on Glycol Allergy that includes a list of related irritants: http://www.glycolallergy.com/

(It looks like a lot of water-soluble 'cones could be an issue for me too. This reminds me of a gel by Tressemme I used about a year ago that also gave me scalp itch... Very interesting.)

I'll do some more reading and report back here. Let me know if you have experience dealing with this! Thanks!

Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily

Purified Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Barbadensis) Gel [Aloe Vera], Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate], Honeysuckle (Lonicera Caprifolium) Extract, Propylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Distearyldimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ext. D&C Violet No. 2 (CI 60730), D&C Yellow No. 10 (CI 47005), D&C Green No. 5 (CI 61570).

Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine(?), Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Buryrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Citric Acid, Olea Europaea Oil/Olive Fruit Oil, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Persea Gratissima Oil/Avocado Oil, Ribes Nigrum Oil/Black Current Seed Oil, Linalool, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, CI 19140/Yellow 5, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, CI 15985/Yellow 6.

(Or maybe it's the citrus extracts in the GFTN? Hmph...)
|| 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ Kept for troubleshooting.
Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength

Last edited by poemaXX; 06-06-2012 at 08:11 AM.