View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #16
poemaXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymorg2 View Post
So this totally makes me think, have I been simply allergic to glycol all this time???? At least I can still use my cj if I am, it doesn't bother me....but WOW.....
I know! I'd been using organic products for the past couple of months while at college and now since I'm home in Puerto Rico I didn't want to bother with shipping and handling, etc. Surprise surprise! I used Garnier Triple Nutrition and LA Looks Wet Look gel and the itch was super noticeable! It made me think back to the itch I had through most of middle school and high school, even this year when I used a Tresemme gel (Checked it out and yep -- propylene glycol, among others) in my hair before going CG.

I placed an order for Aubrey Organics last night: Moisture, Protein, B5 Gel and the Mandarin Magic. (I'm dying to try the MM!) I'm definitely not putting myself through Itch City again!

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month; Leave-in OH Hair Dew; Cleansing Conditioner Giovanni TTTT. Just three!
Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil; Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR; Style AOMMJ. Kept for troubleshooting.
Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers.
Propylene Glycol Sensitive - Itchy scalp? Facial Irritation? This might be why!
poemaXX is offline   Reply With Quote