So this totally makes me think, have I been simply allergic to glycol all this time???? At least I can still use my cj if I am, it doesn't bother me....but WOW.....
Originally Posted by rymorg2
I know! I'd been using organic products for the past couple of months while at college and now since I'm home in Puerto Rico I didn't want to bother with shipping and handling, etc. Surprise surprise! I used Garnier Triple Nutrition and LA Looks Wet Look gel and the itch was super noticeable! It made me think back to the itch I had through most of middle school and high school, even this year when I used a Tresemme gel (Checked it out and yep -- propylene glycol, among others) in my hair before going CG.

I placed an order for Aubrey Organics last night: Moisture, Protein, B5 Gel and the Mandarin Magic. (I'm dying to try the MM!) I'm definitely not putting myself through Itch City again!
Originally Posted by poemaXX

I'm not kidding, I've been going through everything I use that could have PG in it....it totally explains a lot. I have had HUGE headaches from the dh's pipe tobacco that he recently started using again (it's in there to keep the tobacco hydrated!) and it even explains those. I was using Clinique skincare for my sensitive skin and reacted to it, it's in there....but I don't react to MAC skincare and it's NOT in MAC.

I've tried the B5 and it was ok. Haven't tried the MM I may have to get some. The only thing with hold I have onhand right now that doesn't have it in it is my KCCC and it takes FOREVER to dry. LOL....I'm sure I'll be experimenting over the next few weeks.

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy