Hi and welcome! . As you can see there are a lot of sister curlies here that are more than willing to help you and since I have over 4 years of personal experience on the "CG" routine I couldn't resist "butting in". I'm also a licensed (though non-practicing...) Cosmetologist who has never believed in the conventional way of caring for hair (rough!).

When I read your thread what I saw as your main problem is the typical of every "Prodigal Curly": severe hair dehydration and wrong handling. So I want you to consider yourself to be embarking in a mission to restore moisture to your thirsty curls. So, first, allow me to direct you to this thread. It could be a good idea for you to spend some time reading other threads in that "Going Shampoo-less" forum so you can start getting a grasp of what CG is about.

Also, look at the page where the hair types commonly used here are described and take a guess at which type yours could be. This is important because it will help you filter the enormous amount of seemingly contradicting information, opinions, methods of styling, and products that originate when members with very different hair types post in the same threads.

Next, I'm glad you already decided to cancel the Avon products because I can almost promise you you won't need a ton of money to 'tame" your curls. By reading your description of your hair and seeing the pics I can tell that with proper TLC you could have gorgeous curls once your hair is rehydrated. One of my hobbies is learning all I can about cosmetic ingredients and I really favor the more natural ones. I explained my reasons for that in the last post here.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas,

HWHC
2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC