View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #43
Sandy Coils

Thumbs up

Ok, so thanks for this thread. I have read it completely about 20 times in the past month - seriously. I wanted to cut down on the bulkiness of my thick hair without removing the curl, so I began researching texlaxing.

Let me say, I took the plunge this weekend and I am so glad I did. I used Elasta QP Mild and mixed it with EVOO, Vatika Oil, and Hello Hydration. I slathered Shealoe & Macadamia nut butter all over my hair about 2 hours prior to applying the texlax mixture. I applied the texlax mix and made sure to concentrate more on the roots than the ends of my hair and I continued to pull my hair in a downward direction until I felt that my hair had processed enough - which was between 10 - 15 minutes.

Then I got into the shower, rinsed, neutralized, and then follwed up with Aphogee 2 minute protein treatment and Silk Elements conditioner. Depending on the products I use, I can still have a fro or I can have my hair "lay" a little more. Regular activator gel will still allow my hair to "poof" a little, but if I add some Let's Jam on top of the activator gel, I get more "lay" and less "poof". I am completely satisfied with my hair and this is just another chapter in my journey.

Thanks for this thread.

My Blog - A Day in the Life

Products:
EVOO
HEHH
TresEmme Curl Moisture Conditioner
Aloe Vera Gel
Let's Jam

Hair Type: Kinky Coily

Me
Sandy Coils is offline   Reply With Quote