I'm having the Brazilian Blowout done in a week and half. I'm really looking forward to not having FRIZZ! I've bought every product on the market in the hopes of combatting frizz and none of them have worked the way I had hoped. I used to be a slave to my blow dryer and flat iron but have come to love my curls over the last 5 years. The only thing that I don't love is the frizz, my hair dries out and looks like a bell (no matter which hair cut I have!) as the day goes on and it ends up in my all too popular ponytail. I'm 39 and people still think I'm in high school when I have my hair in a ponytail. I guess that's not a bad thing really...but I'd like to wear my hair down every once in awhile, but it's just not an option for me now.

My stylist had the Brazilian Blowout done on her hair and it looks incredible! The shine is amazing and her hair actually moves...that's something I only experience when she blows my hair out straight after my appointment (its the only time it's blown out- I wear it curly every day and let it air dry).

What I'm hoping for is loose, shiny curls without frizz. I'm hoping this is the service for me! My sister in law had a Keratin Treatment done last year- I think it was Coppola. She had the dreaded 72 hr wait period, I know I can't deal with that. She usually wears her hair straight, she hasn't embraced her curly girl yet! I'm still working on that with her. I did meet her for dinner one night and it was pouring rain...a day when she would have been moaning and groaning about frizz. She walked from her car to the restaurant without an umbrella and her hair was not frizzy...it looked like she'd just come from the salon...meanwhile, I looked like I'd just stuck my finger in the light socket. The one thing that I can say about the treatment she had is that, although it was much softer (she has very coarse hair), it wasn't shiny. Not as shiny as I would think it should have been. I'm hoping that the Brazilian Blowout gives me the shine that I'm looking for.

I'm very excited and I'm anxiously waiting for my appointment!

Have a great week!