I decided to try the Curly Styling Cream with Upper Mgmt Gel by KissMyFace.

Regimen:
Plant poo
RO with Curly Q's Coconut Dream Condish
In sections added:
Curly Styling Cream as LI
Upper Mgmt Gel

Distributed with a poo brush, scrunch, diffuse to 60% dry.

So, when I put the cream on @ 1st it helped calm the frizz and applying the gel took care of whatever frizz remained. For a few sections I decided to see what would happen if I only used the styling cream and after I ran the poo brush through my curls separated and bounced happily. My thoughts in the shower were that I could possibly use this alone if I saturated my hair with it. It didn't enhance my curls, but I really liked the idea that this was a CURL SEPARATING CREAM. I'm not a clumping fan persay.

Once all the product was in I had very little frizz and even before I started diffusing I could see root lift and my hair volumizing which is strange as it was still pretty damp and that normally doesn't start happening until I've dried a little.

So I diffused to about 60% dry and the results came out pretty well but I guess I was looking for MD to do something phenomenal b/c I felt a little disappointed. Perhaps I needed more moisture or using UM gel was a blah choice (vs. what you guys have been using, but UM gel has otherwise been great in my hair).

It's a dry run and I have plenty of time (and product, b/c you don't need much) to test it out. Maybe it will improve as it dries (very nice light hold btw). I guess I was hoping it would define and enhance my curls more. I will say though, that the separation, body, and movement are top notch!!! This hair SWINGS!!!

Overall initial impression (Curly Styling Cream): Not better than what I have on deck, but perhaps with a change of supporting product that could change.

Now for the pics, which don't capture what I'm seeing so you guys will call me nuts. LOL!! TBC....
Attached Thumbnails
Marie Dean-slide1.jpg   Marie Dean-slide2.jpg   Marie Dean-sdc13950.jpg  
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter

Last edited by Naturalista; 06-10-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Forgot to describe the hold