Thread: Marie Dean
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #68
pigreyhound

You and I are on the same Curly Hustle!!! Awkward hair stages, problems with UM and MD products....

So, I did a PT tonight to see if that is what my hair needed. I think I am afraid to do too many so I space them out quite a bit. How often do you use protein treatments?

Anyway, that helped and so even though I am going to bed in a few hours, I tried the Yogurt smoothie under FHG instead of my beloved UM. It worked much better. (Or the PT helped) But at least I don't hate the feel of FHG in my hair so maybe I will be able to use FHG!!

Maybe UM and MD don't play well together.

I have to wait until the 24th for another cut so I have to deal with this hair for awhile. And I am afraid I will end up cutting it off since I am traveling all over the place in July and usually cut my hair super short to travel so I don't have to obsess about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalista View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigreyhound View Post
Kathymack,
I can see why you like the Lemon Yogurt Smoothie. I like the citrus smell also.

My hair just isn't responding to the Marie Dean with the curl enhancement that you are getting. I get good volume and my curls stay pretty much the same all day. No frizz. Even in humid conditions.

I wonder if my hair is at an odd stage of growth. I had funky, odd curls/horns on my head when my hair was first cut. Now it has grown quite a bit and a couple weeks ago the curl pattern seemed to strengthen and even out. Now I wonder if it is at another odd stage and so it just isn't curling as well. Maybe no matter what I do right now, it won't look as curly as it did. Normally my hair becomes curlier as it grows.
Ugh, it is never simple, is it??? Honestly, how many women with straight hair obsess about their hair like we do?
LOLOL!!! Girl you're reading my mind! I was thinking maybe I needed to give myself a trim and see if a difference happens. May just do that! I'm due.

When my hair wasn't curling very well the issue was that I wasn't getting enough protein. How's your PT regimen?

Straight women obsess about frizz constantly b/c most of them are CG's in disguise fronting with heat implements. LOL!! There are very few truly straight haired women in the world.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
Co-wash: TJ Nourish
Protein: CJ Repair Me
Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
pigreyhound is offline   Reply With Quote