A minor miracle happened at our house tonight. My husband tried the kale AND LIKED IT...HE LIKED IT, PEOPLE!! I'm sorry, I just had to share this somewhere! This from the man who used to consider rice a vegetable (not really, but he wouldn't eat much else as a side). I really liked it too and am SO excited to add kale to my grocery list on a regular basis as well as other greens for us to try. I'm all about some turnip or collard greens so I'm going to try those out on him too. YAY!

I cooked two small rounds of canadian bacon then diced it, half a chopped onion until soft then put the kale in (I had already cooked it some in the microwave) with some chicken broth, maple syrup, cider vinegar and red pepper flakes. Then I let it cook down for about 20 minutes. It was kinda sweet, but salty and tangy too and I could have eaten the whole dish.

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.