Me too. I have to either talk my hair into being straight or into being curly. Left to it's own devices, it's meh. That said, my curl pattern is much stronger since going CG.
Originally Posted by pedaheh
this is one of those - oh it's not just me moments. I've always felt a little... bit like an wavy/culy impostor. If I get anywhere near my hair with a hairdryer no diffuser, it'll dry almost straight, with a "body wave" like shape (my really straightie friend is envious of this, i hate it!) but if I scrunch and/or add product waves appear. I've always got those annoying "kiss curls" at my nape or around my temples especially on humid/ rainy days

Now I don't feel so impostor-ish
Originally Posted by curlywurlygurly
Add me to the "almost straight without product/technique" camp. That's why, until I was 20 or so, I thought I had straight hair with a little extra body.

So, if you're all impostors, so am I. At least we're in good company.
Originally Posted by finaleofseem

I used to say "my hair is straight but has enough bend to be annoying." DUH RYMORG....bend is WURL......

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy