View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 03:29 AM   #18
curlywurlygurly

Thanks pedaheh! This is a great thread makes me feel so much better. I can't believe so many people out there were/are in the same boat as me, i was oblivious. My hair has always had a mind of it's own, but I've always thought it was just thanks to my crazy cowlick.

the "grabby" product idea seems to make sense. I've used products (leave in's) pre cg that were stickier and had hold, all i would do was spread some through when wet and let it air dry (my after diving- springboard routine) and i'd get some waves.

I think also the fact that i sometimes feel like an curly impostor is that my hair is never really consistent, and others see it in all sorts of states. Right now I'm re-learning my hair and what it like as it grows out, so I'm experimenting a lot with mixed results. The different lengths all make a difference too.The other day I had done my hair the night before and gone to bed with it crunchy in hope it would hold up for an early start the next day. I woke up and it was all over the place but I didn't have time to worry about it, so I scrunch a little extra water put on a headband and left. To my surprise later when I caught a look I had spirals. Even one of my friends asked if I had curled it that day! Yet other days my hair will be lifeless and hardly wave at all.

ok enough ramble from me

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
curlywurlygurly is offline   Reply With Quote