ROFL. This is SO me. I honestly thought I had straight hair that just wasn't very...straight. A curly-haired friend finally explained it to me, and I was like "Oh, but my hair isn't actually wavy. It's just oddly unmanageable, frizzy and sticks up and forms horns sometimes. But it's straight, mind you."
Yep. That is me.
I actually used to PERM my hair, in my teens and twenties, if you can believe that. With hilarious results. When you take very fine but extremely thick wavy hair and CURL IT WITH TEENSY LITTLE ROLLERS, the only result you possibly can get is something akin to Ronald McDonald. Three times I did this...always thinking it would be different this time, for unfathomable reasons.
This is a me too, except my hair isn't thick. I permed my super fine porous hair with small rods to get super poodle head. Because my hair is thin and porous (I'm no stylist, but I assume this is why) it would relax in a few days/ a week. The results. Almost the exact same curl pattern I have now only slightly less wavy and with a luuverly perm rod touch. What do you do to hair once you've damaged it that much? Well you dye it, curl it with a curling iron, ratt it, and coat it with 1/2 a can of hairspray. Oh the 80's. When everyone smelled of aqua net. *Aqua net cans always said "Now with 50% more.".*
http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
Cowash: Tresemme naturals
Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
Curl enhancer: FSG
Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers