View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #13
curlypearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlykey View Post
I was doing this a lot during the winter and was really liking the results. I don't remember why I stopped....probably because I was experimenting with tons of new stuff...lol. Anyway, my faves were jojoba oil, camellia oil and coconut oil. I am going to start doing this again. I was applying it before any products including my leave-in. HTH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OperaDiva View Post
I have never heard of this, I'll have to try it sometime! Kellygreen, coconut oil does weigh down my very fine hair, if you get the same result try Sweet Almond Oil, my hair loves it
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelovelove View Post
the way I seal is this: (and by the way, i'm 3a-b, with fine to medium hair)
After having conditioned in the shower, I rake in my leave-in. Then, I take a dab of coconut oil and smooth in the ends of my hair. After, I apply gel. It works great for me! It keeps the hair from frizzing up at the ends. Also, I've noticed I don't get knots at the ends of my hair when doing this. You should try it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EponaBlackhorse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OperaDiva View Post
So to clarify, would you use this instead of leave in conditioner? Or right after your leave-in, but before gel?
My hair also prefers sweet almond oil over coconut oil. If I "seal" my hair, I usually use the oil before any leave-in or other styling product. Having said that, in the past I've used oil in many different phases of my routine and in the end it all pretty much looks the same as long as I don't use too much oil. I think its just a matter of when you want to put it in.
Well, I guess I have to try sweet almond oil. Thanks everyone for the good ideas. Happy hair days to all!
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Experimenting with cones & sulfates while the dews are high. Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
curlypearl is offline   Reply With Quote