View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 10:13 PM   #119
banjocurl

you guys are inspiring me. i am going to grow my gray out and NOT cut my hair which is waist length when wet. my color is now overdue--last coloring early june. i kind of like my gray that is coming in--softer on my face. ok i can talk a good game when i have a suntan--i dread it when i get pale tho..we'll see how much it can grow in 3 months....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbb View Post
not wanting to be in very old age and having dark colored hair that looks ridiculous got me started many years ago, promising myself that i would stop coloring well before i reached that point.
and i did!! :-) and, lol, my 85 year old aunt who colors her hair a fake-looking red, was horrified when she first saw my hair!! and then proceeded to tell me how she does her own hair and how easy it is!!
i also stopped as i felt all the time i put into it, every 3 weeks, was a big waste of time.
i am very surprised at how much i love my new natural color -- white, gray and a little black on bottom and here and there -- and how many compliments i get!! i am very pleased with this as it did not occur to me that i would love the color and how well it compliments my skin. i think most of us thought of gray/white hair as looking very old. i personally think it is the style, not the color. don't we all know people who do not have gray/white hair, yet wear styles that make them look dowdy and old?
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
banjocurl is offline   Reply With Quote