Hi! I'm not mixed. (Depending on your definition of mixed, but for the case of this post, I'm just "plain ol" African American lol) But I just wanted to say not all African Americans have course hair. Most of us tend to have fine hair, but a tighter curl pattern. (I have fine hair) And greasy products don't work for anyone, ESPECIALLY people with fine hair that is tightly coiled/curled. It just blocks moisture from getting in. Grease weighs down my hair and makes it look dirty (at least that's what happened when i did it on relaxed hair). But I use coconut oil and stuff. But since I don't know what your hair looks like, I cant help you much. But if you can, try not to brush your hair too much or tug at it and make sure you use proper moisture and try a no poo or low poo method. Should help. It helped with mine, my hair (without product) is really defined when it's properly moisturized. Hope that helps some.

4a/OS/FN/Spongy
Co-Wash: Vo5 Herbal Escapes Moisturizing Conditioner Free Me Freesia With Aloe Extract & Aussie Moist
Leave In Conditioner: KCKT & seal with shea butter.
Gel/Styler: KCCC or EcoStyler for edges.
I think my hair likes cones...