View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Amazinnatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulfulSista View Post
I recently have started mixing together my own products and in the midst of my research I have come across some pretty scary articles about harmful bacteria, mold, and yeast growing in mixes that aren't properly preserved. I've seen that the solution is to make small batches and use them quickly, but I don't know if I can make it through my mixes in two or three weeks.

So my questions are... Have you ever had any mixes spoil? If so, is it very noticiable (i.e. drastic change in scent or color)? Have any of your mixes ever made you sick?
If the product isn't properly preserved then they will spoil. I recommend making one time use products and making very small batches. But if you want your products to last longer I recommend using essential oils and extracts: tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, grapefruit seed extract, vitamin E, willow bark extract, rosemary essential oil, sage oil, aspen bark extract and lactoperoxidase (which is a natural preservatives)

Still loving my curls and kinks!
Products I love:
Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
Amazinnatural is offline   Reply With Quote