Your hair actually doesn't look that bad. Straigtening takes skill especially with hair as curly as yours. Before I got TR, straightening was a two day process if I did it myself. I would first do it and it would look like yours. Straight but not quite right. I would then pull it back into a tight bun for a few hours or overnight. Then the next morning, I would run the flat iron through it again. On the second day, it would finally look better. It would also help to have too much product like a pomade or something in it. Buying the Sedu helped a lot but I still didn't get perfect hair the first try.

There is a product called Cream Shine by either essations or cessations that my stylist recommended for me. It's kinda heavy and greasy but it helped me when flat ironing before TR.
Originally Posted by DarkAngel
I agree. The first couple of times I straightened my hair it didn't look that good. Were you pressing down with the Maxiglide? I saw the creator on HSN and he said you don't have to press down like with other irons.
2C/3A -- wurly!