Do you find expensive hair products to work better than cheap(er) products? Do you only like to use expensive products or are you strictly a bargain shopper type of natural?

Expensive: More than $15, often can only get online or specialty places

Cheap: Less than $15, easily found at drugstores or Wal-Mart.

I use a combination of both cheap and expensive. But if cheap works, I'll get the cheaper thing than spending the extra money on a comparable, more expensive product. I know some people will only buy expensive stuff ("You get what you pay for" mentality?).

When I first started wearing my hair natural, I used all expensive, salon stuff. After 6 months, I started getting drugstore stuff and I never looked back. But I will splurge from time to time on expensive stuff for natural hair (like ABBA). But my hair requires so much product. I cringe when I watch Youtube videos of girls putting a whole palm full of conditioner when that conditioner probably costs over $20 a small bottle. They probably get like 4-6 uses out of it.

What do you think?
Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!