Hi! I'm brand new here- just recently ran across this forum in disgust (with my hair!). I have 3b'ish hair (fine/ medium, somewhat porous and fairly tight curls)- but I suffer from SD and was told by my derm that I should shampoo every day. In addition, I was told to rotate medicated shampoo daily so that my scalp doesn't get used to any one kind (ie, sal. acid, coal tar, selsum blue, etc). You can imagine how kind that has been to my hair. I finally got fed up and quit using the medicated shampoo and I honestly can't tell any difference (don't think it's gotten worse). I've had a bad flair up over the last few years and it's so frustrating. I have found using a coconut oil treatment once or twice a week helps keep it under control - but not completely gone (and the coconut oil makes my scalp itch like nothing else). I also just read about using an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse to help- so I think I'll try it. I want to go CG- just ordered the products, but I'm not sure I can go 100% no poo. One of the major issues of SD is that your scalp OVER produces oil and that causes the build up, I believe. Plus possibly a yeast issue. Any recommendations?

Here are the products I've ordered to start my new regimen-- I was thinking of trying to just shampoo with this sulfate-free shampoo once or twice a week initially... still hoping I get good results:

Beauty Without Cruelty Rosemary Mint Tea Tree Shampoo
Beauty Without Cruelty Rosemary Mint Tea Tree Conditioner
AG Recoil
Curl Keeper

I also own the Fairy Tales organic hair gel for my daughter- and really like it. It's for kids but the lady at the kids' salon said she sells more to Moms than kids. I may keep using it. Also have some Bumble and Bumble leave-in conditioner I may continue to use. These are both CG-friendly products.

I guess I'm just looking for some ideas. I'm hoping an occasional poo with the BWC CG-friendly poo, coconut oil regimen and ACV rinse will keep scalp healthy and also keep my curls happy. Any advice? I HATE SD! Soooo annoying and really makes curly hair extra challenging!