Wow- thanks for the info! Yes- I've been finding that just trying to do my own "thing" (like the coconut oil) works just as well, if not better, than the dermatologist recommended regimen... without all the chemicals, etc. I haven't found anything that has gotten it completely under control yet- but it's manageable.

I have a dry patch on my eyebrow right now (and a little in between my eyes). I keep meaning to pick up some hydrocortisone cream-- the derm recommended that. Glad to know it works!
Originally Posted by trudibeth77
You're welcome,
I've been using cortizone for years now, but I'm always looking for other regimens to treat my SD, I think I'm going to buy Shea Moisture Black Soap body wash and see how that affects my skin. I know their black soap shampoo and conditioner works wonders on my scalp so I am going to try the body wash as well. I wil let you know how it works for me.
But definitely check out the website www.justnaturalskincare.com they have really good all-natural skin care products, especially for dry skin. I'm glad that I could help!

Still loving my curls and kinks!
Products I love:
Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil