How can they be side-swept if they start in the middle though? Maybe I just can't picture it correctly, but I thought side-swept bangs would need to start on the side, in order to "sweep" to the other side? Does that make sense?
Originally Posted by Rheanna83
See thats how I picture it too, thats why I ask!! I havent had bangs since middle school so I dont know how to do this...

so you think I could just kinda sweep them across my forehead but still have a middle part? And it would look normal?
Originally Posted by Starrwithoutnite
I'm glad I made some sense!
I guess it depends on your forehead shape and size maybe? I have a somewhat "short" forehead and for ME, I think it would look as though I wrapped my hair around my face!

I can't picture it looking normal because I keep picturing it on ME. I would probably be wary of doing it, in all honesty. How would you keep from having to straighten them?

I don't mean to be a downer in the least, I'm just giving my honest opinion. I love sideswept bangs but also usually wear my hair parted in the middle or very close. I also don't like to have to straighten anything and I think side-swept bangs look best if they are straighter.

Maybe someone else can be more help though (and more positive! ) because like you, I haven't had bangs since middle school.