Old 08-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #100
WurlyLox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmillion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirl09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylaura View Post

Ooh yes, I agree. I'm about to start the 2nd one.
Looooovvvvve this series go Lisbeth!!!
What are the Steig Larson books about?????
Finding it too hard to explain myself without writing a novel, I found this pretty good explanation from Amazon:
It is the story of a crusading reporter, Mikail Blomkvist, who has been convicted of libel for his exposé of crooked financier Wennerstrom. Then another Swedish financier, a rival of Wennerstrom, wants to hire Blomkvist to solve the decades-old disappearance of his niece from the family’s island compound in the north of Sweden. If Blomkvist works on the project for a year, his employer will deliver the goods on Wennerstrom. Blomkvist takes the job and soon finds himself trying to unlock the grisly multigenerational secrets in a hideously dysfunctional family’s many closets. Helping him dig through those closets is the novel’s real star, the girl with the dragon tattoo, Lisbeth Salander, a ward of the state who happens to be Sweden’s most formidable computer hacker and a fearless foe of women-hating men. Larsson has two great stories (and two star-worthy characters) here, and if he never quite brings them together—the conclusion of the Wennerstrom campaign seems almost anticlimactic after the action-filled finale on the island—the novel nevertheless offers compelling chunks of investigative journalism, high-tech sleuthing, and psychosexual drama.

The above is just about the first book. Both Blomkvist and Lisbeth are in the next book, which I recently finished. I assume they're both still in the third, although I haven't read it yet.

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett
WurlyLox is offline   Reply With Quote