View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #19
CurlyMomof3

I had it done several times between October 2006 and March 2009. It does straighten your hair. It feels silky smooth and at first, it has a more natural look compared to other relaxers I have done. However, after a while I started to notice breakage. Also, I had to use heat after a while. At first, my hair would air dry totally straight and would look good, but once my hair started to grow, I needed to blow dry and eventually flat iron to make the roots look good. That lead to even more breakage. I couldn't get the hair towards the front to grow correctly. Other than the flat ironing, I did take good care of my hair. I would only wash it 1-2 times a week, I applied silicone products to my hair to protect it from the heat and such. But ultimately my hair at the roots couldn't really match the TR hair and it was very frustrating.

I decided that enough was enough about a year ago and didn't schedule my touch up. Then I got pregnant which sealed the deal. No more TR. When I look back at my old pictures, I realize that I was spending hundreds of dollars to make my hair look horrible and unhealthy. I cut off all of the TR hair about 2 months ago and my hair is a lot healthier - and healthy hair is way easier to care for than damaged hair.

Last Japanese TR in March 2008. BC in July 2010 and now 100% natural.

CG since September 2010.

Currently co-washing with Suave Naturals or V05 Moisture milks, conditioning with Triple Condition, and styling with LALSG. That's it!

Last edited by CurlyMomof3; 08-29-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: typo
CurlyMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote