View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #58
empressri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellepixie View Post

Exactly. I also think it depends on why the person is posting videos. If they are trying to make money off being on the web or want some kind of recognition, then I think that would open them up more to criticism. On the other hand, if someone is taking the time out of their day to let me know how to do a style or tell me that a product smells like doo doo, I appreciate that, so why would I be rude to them? If I didn't like it or find it helpful I would just exit the video...not that difficult. Apparently ppl were commenting on her channel and messaging her (to address the point about disabling comments). Shoot, I would take my stuff down too - no soup for you! Being on YT is not doing a dang thing for me, so when it stops being fun I'm outta there.
This whole last paragraph...thank you. One heffa came and told me that she couldn't take reviews that I did seriously if someone sent me product for free...THEN BISH HIT THE FRONT DO'!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't get money for doing videos, straight up, it's a hobby and a tool for other folks to use to be helpful. If you don't like it then build a bridge and get over it!!

But if you come at me sideways don't get your panties in a bunch when I come right back at you the same way, I don't have sh*t to lose, I have a day job and it's not hair and youtube. Folks are amaaaaazingly crazy I swear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberBrown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by empressri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberBrown View Post
Meh, I guess I'll be the only one that doesn't care. That's okay My thought is...if you put all ya bizness on the interwebz, act like you trust random strangers, advertise your face and your hair...people are gonna respond like they have a say in what you do because you gave them a say. You gave them a voice and they used it. Everything was hunky dory when they were giving compliments and saying what the person in question wanted to hear, but when opinions oppose..the viewers are out of line? Where's the real mob mentality in this scenario?

Disclaimer: I don't even know the YT person. I think that pic Coco posted is ugggggly but I don't care if a stranger on YT tries it out (actually, could be cool to see it on nappy hair). BUT, YT "gurus", bloggers or whatever want folks to care. That's how they amass an audience. So...let the people continue to care and mind the business of others'.
there are opinions and then there are straight b*tches on youtube. i told someone off, let the comment up and someone else got their panties in a bunch. i told that person they could get the hell off my channel too if they didn't like it, im not here to kiss anyone's ass lol.
There are straight B*tches everywhere. On YT, on Naturally curly, on Nappturality, on LHCF, on people's blogs. B*tches gone be B*tches. You can't stop them. They are a FORCE of nature. All you can control is the opportunities you give them. I'm not advocating that people stop blogging if that's what they want to do (and I love your vids Empress!!! your like the perfect enabler ). But it should be common knowledge that B*tches ARE going to express themselves alllll over the isht you make public.

ETA: I agree with the deleting idea. You can control that. But you can't control what other people wanna type with their fingers (to me, it seems kinda ironic to imagine complaining about people projecting their feelings onto "your" head at the same time you want to project your ideas onto their keyboards).
Thank you sis and you're right they're everywhere. But there's a nut for every squirrel so there ya go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by empressri View Post
damn i loved her!!!!!!!!! OMG im so mad.

damn bald headed chicks stay hating on someone. let errbody do them dammit!!!!!
BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Dayum it I love me some empressri
And I luuurve my NCC! STAY keeping it gangsta

"Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
[/B]
empressri is offline   Reply With Quote