Hair Biography

Curl Pattern: Probably 2b (maybe 2c on good "curl" days?)
Texture: Medium/Coarse, though my hair is not wiry -- just thick!
Porosity: Medium
Density: Thick
Elasticity: Low, definitely
Characteristics: Flat top/no root curl, straight underneath, doesn't have a particularly strong wave pattern on no-product days, very frizzy, but especially so in humid weather

CG/ModCG/not CG: I'm not CG yet...waiting until I finish all my shampoo! I'll probably go ModCG then.

Hair ingredient likes: In the way of non-ingredient-related things, it likes moisturizing COs (not overly hydrating, though) and gel (preferably the squeeze-out kind, not the spray-on)
Hair ingredient dislikes: These are not ingredients, either, but for the most part, my hair doesn't like mousse, a blowdryer without a diffuser, or brushes (combs are OK when hair is CO-coated)

Hard/Soft Water: A little more on the hard side

HG/Go-to Products: GF curl shaping spray gel, HETT gel, Aussie Cleanse & Mend 'poo and CO

Average climate/dew points: .........

Fall/Winter combos: I think I'm going to pretty much use the same combo as I did for summer, unless my hair reacts in a bad way (it's my first winter really getting to know how to care for my wavy hair). I shower, do the SS method minus the leave-in, apply my gel, plop, and air dry or diffuse.
Spring/Summer combos: Same as above.

Favorite styling techniques and why: Plopping (it's like scrunching your hair AND drying it at the same time!), SS method (it just enhances my waves, period!), and I think I like Pixiecurling (it doesn't disturb my wave pattern and reduces frizz a little).

Techniques that didn’t work and why: I didn't like Skipcurling too much if you do it with tiny pieces of hair. It looked like just a twist, no curl, if you KWIM. But with larger sections, it works OK.

Hair Twins: I have yet to find one!
Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
Mod-CG since 12/1/10!

Last edited by wavynwild16; 01-13-2012 at 10:39 PM.