Hair Biography
Curl Pattern: Andre Walker: 2A/B-3A, Fia's 2c-3A
Texture: fine side of medium, with coarse strands here and there
Porosity: used to be high, but moving towards normal
Density: normal to high
Elasticity: low
Characteristics: golden blond, never colored, easily weighed down, loves protein, curls are very fragile

CG/ModCG/not CG: Generally CG with the occasional water-soluble silicone or lo-poo, as needed. CG since March 2010.

Hair ingredient likes: keratin, protein of any kind
Hair ingredient dislikes: ?

Hard/Soft Water: not sure, to be honest...

HG/Go-to Products: BRHG is my HG. Other products in my regular rotation are: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, Hairtrition Moisturizing Conditioner, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Giovanni 50:50, Suave Naturals Conditioners, Joico K-Pak Reconstructor, Ion Reconstructor. Still figuring out KCCC...

Currently on the market for a more natural gel. Let me know if you have recommendations!

Average climate/dew points: very hot humid summers, very cold dry winters

Fall/Winter combos: currently trying out KCCC as a curl cream, topped with BRHG
Spring/Summer combos: When it's really hot and humid: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo+Suave Conditioner+BRHG (don't need much moisture!). In dryer/cooler weather, same as above plus a good leave-in or curl cream before the gel

Favorite styling techniques and why:
The general strategy I use is pretty similar to Smasters' technique. Basically, I co-wash and rinse with cold water, then: 1) smooth and rake a drop of gel and/or curl enhancer into soaking wet hair, 2) scrunch with a t-shirt, 3)let dry in some way [air dry, plop, and/or diffuse] until 50-75% dry--i.e. when it feels dry-ish to the touch, but still releases moisture when squeezed 4) scrunch in 2-3 dime size drops of gel upside down. 5) Let dry the rest of the way [by air drying or diffusing]. Spray with water and re-scrunch areas that aren't curling well. SOC when fully dry, or just let it soften on its own as the day goes by.

This works for me because: I find applying product to soaking wet hair makes it easier to distribute evenly and helps curls to begin to form, but usually doesn't provide me with enough hold. On the flip-side, I find applying product to nearly dry hair gives me really good hold, but I always miss spots. So, I combine the two and have had good results. I strive to get some crunch, but then SOTC.

Techniques that didnít work and why: the pineapple-- because it pulls out my curls

Hair Twins:
Plunkybug
waves, loose coils, and cherub curls (=mixed 2s through 3a), very fine texture overall (but with medium and even coarse strands scattered throughout)