Thread: Start Here!
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #207
chicklegirl

Default Riding the wave

Hi, I'm new and pretty sure my hair type is between 2b/c. Over the years I've fought my waves or even permed them because I wanted more curl; now I'm trying to work with my hair, since it's gotten so damaged when I work against it. I found NC when I was googling to try and find some new products/new techniques to try and enhance or better define my waves.

For quite a while I've been using Tigi's Moisture Maniac, both shampoo and conditioner, and Kenra's Curl Defining Creme on the days I stay wavy (I usually blow out once a week). Recently I tried Tigi's Curls Rock Curl Enhancer. I use a Fructisse shine product, but none of these are giving me a good combination of definition and shine, and I feel like my hair looks a bit fried and brassy, especially on the ends. This may have something to do with the fact that I color (I do it at home with Clairol's Natural Instincts).

So I'm looking for a new routine/products that will be better for my hair and hopefully quick and easy, too. There's a lot of information here to sort through, and I know it will take me a while to figure out exactly what my hair type really is (elasticity? porosity? help!), but I'm looking forward to seeing what other wavies are using and hopefully finding something that works for me.
chicklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote