Hello! I'm new to the forum and new to curls!

And I'm LOST!

I'm in my late 20s. I had Ovarian cancer last summer and went through chemotherapy - and lost all of my (2a?) hair. It's been growing back now for about a year, and it's finally long enough for me to realize that it's coming in CURLY!

I'm completely new to having curly hair, and completely lost. I'm about to run out of my current product (Curls Rock Amplifier - creates stiffness and crunchiness, but great definition and hold). What I learned on my own is that I need to diffuse, and I need products! But which ones? Am I going to be stuck in an endless parade of buying and trying frustrating products? I wish I had the answers. I'm dabbling around the intro threads here and learning, I just wish there was a "starter kit". But I know it's not every day that curls sprout anew on someone!

From what I can tell, I have 3A (to 2 in some spots, like non-curling sideburns), very soft fine textured hair. The curls need some product to hold on to to form. Dirty is better, but flyaways common after a day if I don't use product to avoid the crunch.

I hope to learn a lot here! If anyone has any suggestions for some quick fixes while I'm in the learning period, please let me know, I could really use them!