I'm experimenting with low carb baked goods. Most are sucky. Non-wheat flours (soy, almond, coconut) produce an odd salty taste. I've got the textures to be decent but the taste just isn't up to par. Some things you just have to splurge and eat the real thing. Like Oreos. : )

I have found great low carb pasta. And low carb pitas/flatbreads that I've experimented with and found the best ones to use for pizza crusts and to make tortilla chips and crackers.
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
For low-carb baked goods, look up gluten-free recipes. My sister has Celiac, and we cook and bake a lot with rice and potato flours. They're usually a little more expensive, but very close to the real thing. We started out buying prepackaged mixes... Pamela's is a very good gluten-free baking company, and their chocolate cake mix is my favorite!

Other things I've cooked this week:
I coated some butterflied chicken breast in cornmeal and pan fried them in some vegetable oil, then in the same pan, made a gravy with butter and corn starch for the roux, added in garlic powder, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup of milk, and 1 1/2 cups of orange juice. Went great with mashed potatoes and broccoli and cheese