Send a message via Yahoo to Nappy_curly_crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoilyKinks436 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoilyKinks436 View Post
Hi Ladies!!

I just went on AV's website to realize that her 8oz butters now cost close to $22 dollars and her 16oz $36 dollars !!!! I love her butters and hair oils but has she gone mad????? I refuse to pay that much for an 8 oz. I don't care how good her products but that's just insane!

Anyone know of other alternatives to this overpriced line, especially with respect to butters?

I am SO mad and disappointed with Afroveda! UGH!!!!
Oh she done lost her dayum mind. That's dayum near Miss Jessies' prices. Well I guess I won't be purchasing from her anymore. I mean how in the heck can you justify more than doubling almost tripling the price of your product in less than two years? I know supply prices have increased but DAYUM.

I would suggest the Shea Moisture line from Target.

This is crazy!!! I remember paying $9 for an 8 oz of Cocolatte earlier this year. Nine dollars! Now you're telling me the same product is worth close to 3x as much????

I'm just so mad because AV was one of my staples. Now I have to find alternatives. *sigh*

Even Qhemet hasn't raised their prices. Why AV?
Yes....I remember when I first discovered her. That was one of the things that I LOVED about her company and the product. That it was fairly priced and that it wasn't "junk". I was ok when she rasied the price to $12...I was willing to continue to purchase at $16 and $18 (but only when on sale and then I would stock up). But at $22 she can kiss my fat black azz. There is nothing in her products that justifies charging that much. And then on top of that I've got to wait 14 days for you to make it and with all the customer service issues that people have been posting about lately.......

I'm soooo disgusted right now. Why do most natural hair product companies try and use the Miss Jessies' model for pricing thier products? Is it because we the consumer continue to pay through all the price increases rather than using our wallets to send a message? UGGGHHH!

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last edited by Nappy_curly_crown; 10-01-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Nappy_curly_crown is offline   Reply With Quote