So last year, before I went CG, I wore my hair down for the first time in two months (my hair was straightish until about 2 years ago). When we were going into French class, some girl said "You look different." Someone said "Because she's wearing her hair down." The girl said "Oh. You need frizz control." (Which are often full of cones)
Gee, thanks...

This same girl, just last week, said "Your curls are so pretty," and then started giving all this advice, like "You know what? You should get a defining product. Some need to be applied when soaking wet, others when damp..." as if I didn't know. Yeah, she knows a lot about cosmetics, but considering I'm a bit of a product junkie, I'd think I would know what I'm talking about. Especially considering my hair is curly, and hers is not.

I don't know about you, but it just annoys me when people with straight hair start spouting advice as if they know my hair better than I do, and like I don't know anything at all. Do they know my porosity? Whether I'm a 3a or 3b? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Originally Posted by GirlWithUkulele

I'd say, "Straight haired people giving hair advice to curly people is like a man giving a woman tampon advice". There's obvious good intentions there, but no field experience.
Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!