I've decided not to mess with my hair too much. It turns out best that way.
ITA. I think sometimes all of the product experimentation can make one's hair look awful. I remember awhile back I was trying Redken All Soft, which REALLY frustrated me because it smells heavenly, and fro the firs week or so my hair looked and felt incredible. i thought I;d found my perfect poo & condish. then it turned on me like a striking union worker
(no offense to any striking union workers). Things got ugly fast as with many of the "popular" salon lines. my hair began to look really dull & dry, so I loaded on the All soft Deep treatment...much worse. I could't figure it out! I was only pooing every 2nd or 3rd day and I don't blowdry or heat style...why was it looking so bad? My much more enlightened self now realizes that the silicones were the issue. silicones in the shampoo & silicones in the condish & even in the DT and more in whaterver styling product i was using (I believe it was PM styling glaze). So basically I was coating my hair with silicones every 2 days and never washing it off. Nice mess. This happened with drugstore lines and salon lines alike. it was all about the ingredients. once i found appropriate products (thanks in large to the great ladies at this site!) i haven't had a build up problem since. and by limiting what I put on it for syling I have noticed a change in my hair, it is more consistent now. maybe it doesn't look as "fabulous" as the one day a month I could coax it into looking like I wanted with 3 different products and convaluted washing & styling techniques that began the night before & carried on into the next morning, but it looks healthy and soft (though I'd like a bit more definition) and basically the same day after day. i don't have to worry anymore each day what my hair is going to "do" and what products i should use to attempt to convince it otherwise. I will always be on the lookout for a reasonably priced creamy styler with no silicones and minimum to nil hold, so if you know of any, please share! It may be one that I've never tried.
"It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got"

2b