View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #53
kikisf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vjones View Post
what products you use to get the curly look with your texturised hair.
My tex is really mild and only on there for under 10 minutes, so my hair has curl no matter what products I use.

Right now I have pretty much settled into a just conditioner routine.

I don't know why it took me so long to try Deva One but it is my current go to. In the morning I rinse or "wash with water" (there is usually enough conditioner in my hair from last time to make it a co-wash) under the shower and then put Deva Conditioner on and leave it in. It is pretty much that simple. I have a hood dryer so I don't leave the house with a wet head on cold days.

I also just realized that my hair really needs protein. I tried a bunch of products and Elasta QP before and after Protein Spray has made a dramatic difference. I no longer loose a bunch of hair detangling. Because it is a spray it is easier for me to use on just a specific area that needs it, for example the hair that comes in contact with my ponytail holder/elastic band.

Monthly henna and weekly/bimonthly deep conditioning with a cap and heat has really changed the texture and look. Aubrey Organics Camellia, Butter Treat or Deva Conditioner whatever just as long as I use a plastic cap and heat.

I sometimes use Kinky Curly Custard. It makes my hair look a little jerry curly-ish (I prefer a fluffier or more afro look) But it gives amazing second, even third day hair.

Other than that I have 2 spray bottles one that has water and Deva conditioner and another with water and argan oil that I use to refresh my hair style or seal in moisture.
Detangler- Aussie moist, Dove
LI- SM Curling Milk, infusium
KCCC KT on certain days
Oil- Coconut, jojoba,
Goal: Peace, healthy hair and to not spend alot of time and money on my hair.
kikisf is offline   Reply With Quote